Ivy Kids kit - When a Line Bends a Shape BeginsLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In February's Ivy Kids kit featuring the book When a Line Bends...A Shape Begins by Rhonda Gowler Greene, you will find:
- The book When a Line Bends...A Shape Begins by Rhonda Gowler Greene: This clever story uses rhyming text and colorful illustrations, to explore different shapes. Try to find all the shapes hidden on each page.
- When a Line Bends a Shape Begins: While reading, use the included pipe cleaners to create the different shapes mentioned in the story.
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Tangram Puzzles: Move, flip, and rotate the 7 shapes until you have fitted the pieces together to create different pictures. What else can you make?
- Shapes with Sticks: Use the colored wooden sticks and boards to create different shapes, such as rectangles, squares, rhombuses, and triangles. Then explore other ways of arranging the sticks to create your own shapes and pictures.
- Making 2D Shapes: Explore the ways straight lines are connected to create different shapes. Use clay to connect sticks together to create 2D shapes such as squares, rectangles, and triangles.
- Making 3D Shapes: Use the clay and sticks to make 3D shapes such as cubes, prisms, and pyramids.
- Geometric Connecting Shapes: Connect the brightly colored circles, triangles, squares, and octagons to build your own structure. See what you can build and create with these fun shapes!
- Heart and Circle Puzzles: Color your own circle and heart puzzle. Then try to put the pieces back together to re-construct the shape.
- Shape Collage Frame: Use colorful foam shapes to decorate this large fancy frame. Then select your favorite photo to display.
- Shape Mobile: Create colorful shapes with pipe cleaners and straw beads by bending the pipe cleaners into different shapes and then threading them with the straw beads. Connect the different shapes together to create a mobile that can be hung in your home.
- Shape Circus: The Shape Circus has come to town! Sort the shapes by gluing them to their individual circus tent.
- When Yarn Bends, a Shape Begins: Use glue and yarn to explore how a line bends to create different shapes and designs.
- Shape Memory Game: Players take turns turning over 3 cards to make a match. To make a match, the shape must match the number of sides and shape word.
- Shape Hunt: Take a walk and hunt for circles, squares, rectangles, ovals, triangles, rhombuses, and octagons. Use your shape hunt sheet to record the shapes that you find.