Ivy Kids Kit - The Lion and the Little Red BirdLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
This kit features the heart-warming book The Lion and the Little Red Bird by Elisa Kleven.
This kit contains over 10 science, math, art, literacy, and engineering activities inspired by the story including:
- The book The Lion and the Little Red Bird by Elisa Kleven.
- Wooden Lion: Use the paints to decorate the wooden lion.
- Ceramic Bird - Use the paints to decorate the ceramic bird.
- Story Retelling: Use the plush lion, little red bird, and colored pom-poms to retell the events from the story. Use the pom-poms to change the color of the lion's tail.
- Colorful Flowers: In the story, The Lion and the Little Red Bird, the lion loves to explore nature and to pick different colored flowers. For this activity, use the absorbent filter, liquid colors, and water to create colorful flowers.
- Color Exploration: Use the liquid colors to create different colored watercolors. Explore color mixing and use the watercolors for painting.
- Natural Pigments: In the story, the lion collects flowers and berries from his environment to create different colored paints. Included in this kit are dried hibiscus flowers that can be used to make red watercolor paint.
- Paint like the Lion: In the story, the lion uses the tuft of hair at the end of his tail to paint. For this activity, you will paint just like the lion by using the white pom-pom attached to the clothespin.
- Create Your Own Artwork: Use your acrylic paints and/or watercolors to create a beautiful keepsake and decoration for your home on the included canvas board.
- Lion and the Little Red Bird: Use your hand print to create the lion and your thumbprint to create the little red bird. Then write about the lion and the bird’s friendship.
- All About Lions: Learn fun and interesting facts about lions. Then label the parts of the lion's body.
- Color Matching Memory Game: Players take turns flipping over cards trying to find a match.
- Lion and Bird-Roll & Cover Game: Select a board, roll the dice, and cover the corresponding number on the board. Continue playing until all the numbers are covered.
- Vowel Race: Select a vowel race board. Each vowel corresponds to a specific number. To play, roll the die and then place a colored chip in the corresponding vowel column.