Ivy Kids kit - Octopus Escapes Again!Read. Play. Learn. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
You can find other amazing kit offerings available for purchase from our store.
Sign up to our newsletter to know when this kit is available for purchase.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In this Ivy Kids kit featuring the beautifully illustrated book Octopus Escapes Again! by Laurie Ellen Angus, you will find:
- The book Octopus Escapes Again! by Laurie Ellen Angus, an exciting story about a hungry octopus
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Observational Drawing of an Octopus: Use a realistic octopus to learn about the octopus' body parts and create an observational drawing.
- Story Retelling: Use the included package of sea creatures, plants, rocks, and coral to create an ocean habitat for your octopus. Then reread the story and act out the different ways the octopus escapes from the sea creatures.
- Octopus Ink Experiment: Conduct an experiment to explore how an octopus uses ink squirting as a defense mechanism against predators.
- Make Your Own Octopus: Use the clay, pipe cleaners, and beads to create your own octopus.
- If I Were an Octopus:To imagine what it is like to have an octopus arm, try on the octopus arm finger puppet.
- Octopus Challenge: Explore what it would be like to have suction cups on your arms. Use suction cups to perform the tasks on the octopus challenge board.
- Octopus Mobile: Decorate different sea creatures and assemble a beautiful mobile to hang in your home.
- Under-the-Sea Sticker Scene: Place the sea creature stickers on the background to create your own under-the- sea scene.
- Octopus Arms: Roll the die and place that number of colored chips (suckers) on the octopus’ arms. The game continues until one player has covered all the spaces on the octopus’ arms with suckers.
- Under the Sea - Count and Graph: Create a bar graph to show how many of each sea creature is swimming under the sea.
- Octopus Escapes Board Game: The goal of this game is for each octopus to travel along the path, escape the predators along the way, and reach the finish line where his dinner is waiting.
- How Many Arm Suckers Do I Have?: Use the suckers on octopus arms to explore colors, patterns, addition, counting, and multiplication (skip counting).
- Prey vs Predator: Throw the suction ball at the board! Will you catch an octopus' prey or an octopus' predator? Use tally marks to keep score.
- Vowels vs Consonants: Throw the suction ball at the board! Will you catch a vowel or a consonant? Use tally marks to keep score.